Apple MacBook Air 15" MB 512GB
Apple MacBook Air 15″ Description
Apple MacBook Air 15″ – Midnight, M2, 8C CPU, 10C GPU, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD (MQKX3X/A) – Impressively big. Impossibly thin.
The new 15‑inch MacBook Air makes room for more of what you love with a spacious Liquid Retina display. And with the 13‑inch model, you have more reasons than ever to choose Air. Supercharged by the M2 chip — and with up to 18 hours of battery life1 — both laptops deliver blazing-fast performance in an ultraportable design.
Your choice. Your Air.
- MacBook Air is all you — pick your size, pick your colour, then go. Whichever model you choose, it’s built with the planet in mind, with a durable 100 per cent recycled aluminium enclosure. And a fanless design means it stays silent even under intense workloads
- Two perfect sizes. Whether you pick the 13- or 15‑inch laptop, both models are incredibly light and measure just under 1.15 centimetres thin, so you can take yours anywhere.
- Four stellar colours. Your options are out of this world — and each one comes with a matching MagSafe charging cable.
Incredible speed and battery life?
- The M2 chip brings more speed to everything you do — whether you’re editing a video for class, collaborating on a business plan or streaming a show while you shop online. And with all-day battery life, you can leave the power adapter at home.
- Compared to a PC laptop with an Intel Core i7 processor, MacBook Air delivers up to 2x faster performance4, up to 50 per cent faster web browsing5 and up to 50 per cent longer battery life.6
New to Mac?
- Mac + iPhone. Mac is designed to be just as easy to learn as iPhone. And whether you’re chatting with friends in Messages, transferring files with AirDrop or locating devices with Find My — when you use Mac with iPhone, they work even better together.
- iCloud. With iCloud, you can store all your photos, contacts and documents so they’re available on all your devices. Start a to-do list on your iPhone and check off items on your Mac — and so much more.
- Migration Assistant. Easily move files, apps and more from your old PC or Mac. And if you need any help, Apple Support is always just an online chat or phone call away.
- Powerful apps built in. Mac comes with apps like FaceTime, Freeform, Photos and Keynote that let you get to work creating and collaborating on your next big idea.
A clear winner.
- The Liquid Retina display on MacBook Air is a sight to behold, with support for 1 billion colours and up to 2x the resolution of comparable PC laptops. Photos and videos shine with rich contrast and sharp detail, and text appears incredibly crisp for easy reading.
- High-definition camera. Look your best with the 1080p FaceTime HD camera, whether you’re catching up with friends and family, or collaborating with co-workers around the globe.
- Immersive sound system. The speakers on MacBook Air support Spatial Audio along with Dolby Atmos, so you can enjoy three-dimensional sound stages for music and movies.
Just your type.
- The comfortable and quiet backlit Magic Keyboard comes with full-height function keys and Touch ID, which gives you a fast, easy and secure way to unlock your Mac and sign in to apps and sites — all at the touch of a finger.
Keep plugging away.
- The MagSafe charging cable easily attaches and detaches with magnets, preventing any unintended flights. Two Thunderbolt ports let you connect high-speed accessories and charge your Mac. You can also connect up to a 6K display. And the headphone jack supports high‑impedance headphones.
Apple MacBook Air 15″ – Midnight, M2, 8C CPU, 10C GPU, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD (MQKX3X/A)
- Apple M2 chip
- 8-core CPU with four performance cores and four efficiency cores
- 10-core GPU
- 16-core Neural Engine
- 100GB/s memory bandwidth
- Media engine
- Hardware-accelerated H.264, HEVC, ProRes and ProRes RAW
- Video decode engine
- Video encode engine
- ProRes encode and decode engine
- Liquid Retina display
- 15.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology1;
- 2880-by-1864 native resolution at 224 pixels per inch with
- support for 1 billion colours
- 500 nits brightness
- Wide colour (P3)
- True Tone technology
Battery and Power14
- Up to 18 hours Apple TV app movie playback
- Up to 15 hours wireless web
- 66.5-watt‑hour lithium‑polymer battery
- 35W Dual USB-C Port Power Adapter
- USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable
- Fast-charge–capable with 70W USB-C Power Adapter
Charging and Expansion
- MagSafe 3 charging port
- 3.5-mm headphone jack
- Two Thunderbolt/USB 4 ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt 3 (up to 40 Gbps)
- USB 4 (up to 40 Gbps)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps)
- 8GB of unified memory
- Configurable to:
- 16GB or 24GB
- 256GB SSD
- Configurable to:
- 512GB, 1TB or 2TB
- 512GB SSD
- Configurable to:
- 1TB or 2TB
Keyboard and Trackpad
- Backlit Magic Keyboard with:
- 78 (US) or 79 (ISO) keys including 12 full-height function keys and four arrow keys in an inverted-T arrangement
- Touch ID
- Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing and Multi-Touch gestures
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
- Bluetooth 5.3
- 1080p FaceTime HD camera
- Advanced image signal processor with computational video
- Six-speaker sound system with force-cancelling woofers
- Wide stereo sound
- Support for Spatial Audio when playing music or video with Dolby Atmos on built-in speakers
- Spatial Audio with dynamic head tracking when using AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro and AirPods Max
- Three-mic array with directional beamforming
- 3.5-mm headphone jack with advanced support for high-impedance headphones
- Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display in 1 billion colours and:
- One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz
- Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
- VGA, HDMI, DVI and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Supported formats include HEVC, H.264 and ProRes
- HDR with Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG
- Supported formats include AAC, MP3, Apple Lossless, FLAC, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Atmos
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 10° to 35° C (50° to 95° F)
- Storage temperature: –25° to 45° C (–13° to 113° F)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: Tested up to 3,000 metres (10,000 feet)
- Maximum storage altitude: 4,500 metres (15,000 feet)
- Maximum shipping altitude: 10,500 metres (35,000 feet)
Size and Weight
- Height: 1.15 cm (0.45 inch)
- Width: 34.04 cm (13.40 inches)
- Depth: 23.76 cm (9.35 inches)
- Weight: 1.51 kg (3.3 pounds)4
- macOS is the most advanced desktop operating system in the world. macOS Ventura makes the things you do most on Mac even better, so you can work smarter, play harder and go further.
- Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Air. With built-in support for vision, hearing, mobility and learning, you can create and do amazing things.
In the Box
- 15-inch MacBook Air
- 35W Dual USB-C Port Power Adapter
- USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable (2 m)