Terminator Replacement UV Light Bulb
The Pestrol Terminator Mosquito Trap is a very effective unit for catching and eliminating mosquitoes and other small flying insects including the Common Moth, Guava Moth, Codling Moth, Aphids, Sand Flies, Midges and more.
The unit is designed to simulate human prey with it’s cleverly designed features. It has a built in heat plate to simulate human heat, a lure which contains Octenol & Lactic Acid which exists in human breath & sweat, and a photocatalyst process which emits small amounts of CO2 and UV light. All of these features attract the insects to the unit.
A powerful fan then creates a vacuum to suck the insects into the catchment box where they dehydrate and die. The Terminator is waterproof and designed to operate outdoors. The unit is most effective in shaded areas. The Terminator can lure insects within a 1500m2 area.
The Terminator Mosquito Trap works independently with these methods:
- Carbon Dioxide—is the primary lure used and is produced through by the Photocatalyst reaction of UV ray from the light source radiating onto a panel coated with Titanium Dioxide (TiO2).
- CO2 Photocatalyst—The Terminator Mosquito Trap can produce small amounts of Co2, which simulates what humans exhale.
- Heat—the human body gives off heat, so too does the Terminator Mosquito Trap, mimicking human prey.
- Ultraviolet Light—mosquitoes are drawn towards ultraviolet light. The Terminator Mosquito Trap has an oscillating light to lure in mosquitoes.
- Dark Colour—mosquitoes are naturally lured towards darker colours, and The Terminator Mosquito Trap has been designed to take advantage of this.
- Fan—when mosquitoes are lured in and getting closer to the Terminator Mosquito Trap, they will be sucked into the catch container by the vacuum suction where they then dehydrate.
- Attractant—is a chemical produced by the human body which attracts Mosquitoes. The attractant (which is an optional extra) reproduces the human bodies odour and increases the catch rate up to 4 times. The attractant will last about 3-4 weeks.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your Terminator Mosquito Trap is designed to reduce the mosquito population. It may take several weeks of use to reduce the population to a point that your mosquito problem is under control. Your Terminator Mosquito Trap is not designed to compete with humans in close proximity e.g. at a barbecue. If you are planning an outdoor event you need to operate the Terminator for an extensive time before the event. It is advised that you run the Terminator 24/7 during the height of your mosquito season to ensure you can enjoy your outdoor activities.
What to expect:
While the Terminator Mosquito Trap will begin to catch mosquitoes immediately, if there is any mosquito activity in the vicinity it may take 6-8 weeks of use to reduce local populations to the point that breeding cycles are interrupted. You may reduce the use of The Terminator at this point but subsequent re-infestation may occur after significant rain.